9/1/2015 2:53:00 AM
Fall harvest brings a bounty of beautiful leafy greens–grab a few bunches from the Farmers Market or produce section and treat yourself to this 5-star salad.
1 bunch of lacinato or dinosaur kale, stems removed, rinsed and patted dry
1/3 cup currants (or chopped raisins)
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp honey (optional)
½ cup sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or toasted pine nuts
Sea salt and pepper to taste
4 tbsp grated raw parmesan cheese
1. Cut kale into small bite sized pieces.
2. Stir lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
3. Add chopped kale and thoroughly massage the dressing into the kale leaves.
4. Add currants/raisins, seeds/nuts and parmesan to the bowl.
5. Stir all ingredients together, let sit for 10 minutes and serve.
Recipe used with permission. Source: Itrim Cookbook, First US Edition