1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed & drained
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
10 quartered kalamata olives
1/2 cup minced red onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp red-wine vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt & pepper to taste
Feta cheese to taste
1. Rinse quinoa well.
2. Place quinoa in a medium saucepan and add 2 cups of water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
3. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and add veggies and herbs.
4. In a small bowl, make the dressing by whisking together red-wine vinegar, oil and mustard.
5. Add dressing to quinoa and toss to coat, season with salt and pepper.
6. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use. Salad will last up to three days.
Nutrition score per serving: Calories: 221, fat: 7g, carbohydrates: 33g, protein: 6g, fiber: 5g sodium: 151mg.