5/1/2015 7:20:00 AM
Perfect for a weeknight dinner or to steal the show at a Memorial Day BBQ, this quick and fun dish is complemented by a festive side of mango salsa.
Discover a lighter, healthier life. Visit www.itrim.us or email email@example.com to learn more.
Makes 2 portions.
11 ounces of chicken fillet
2 stems of lemon grass
1 garlic clove
1 red chili pepper
1⁄4 cup of Japanese (mild) soy sauce
2 tbsp malt whiskey (for Palm Portion-Balance)
1⁄2 fresh or frozen mango
1⁄2 red onion
1 teaspoon of chopped dill
2 tbsp of chopped cilantro
1⁄2 head of Romaine lettuce
2 cups of arugula
5–6 cocktail tomatoes
1 teaspoon of lime juice
1. Cut the chicken into cubes. Wash and slice the lemon grass. Chop garlic and chili pepper finely.
2. Mix a marinade of soy sauce, garlic, chili and lemongrass. When you are at a stable weight you can add some malt whiskey to get a smoky taste. Set the chicken in the marinade and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Dice the mango and chop red onion and chili finely. Mix with grated peel and lime juice, oil and cilantro.
4. Mix a salad of the Romaine lettuce, arugula, diced apple, cucumber, cocktail tomatoes and lime juice.
5. Dry off the pieces of chicken, put them on sticks and grill them. You can also cook them in the oven, 390ºF for 20 minutes.
Recipe used with permission. Source: Itrim Cookbook, First US Edition