Welcome spring with this colorful pasta salad, fueled with immune-boosting vitamins from spinach and beets.
Source: St. Joseph Health
- 2 cups cooked spiral, whole-wheat pasta
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, shredded
- 1 12-ounce jar whole beets (1-1/2 cups), cut in half
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil
- Mix pasta, spinach, beets, onion, and walnuts in a salad bowl.
- Combine maple syrup, vinegar, and olive oil in a small jar and shake well.
- Pour over salad. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to eat.
Each serving contains about 123 calories, 4 g protein, 3 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 23 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, and 120 mg sodium.