Lunch is a wrap with this high-protein, low-carb favorite that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser at your summer barbeque or potluck. For complete recipe directions and photos as well as other delicious meal ideas, visit skinnytaste.com.
For the chicken:
- 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 16 oz fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce (like Frank’s)
For the wraps:
- 6 large lettuce leaves, Bibb or Iceberg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 large celery stalks, cut into 2 inch matchsticks
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken, onions, celery stalk, garlic and broth (enough to cover your chicken, use water if the can of broth isn’t enough).
- Cover and cook on high 4 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from pot, reserve 1/2 cup broth and discard the rest.
- Shred the chicken with two forks, return to the slow cooker with the 1/2 cup broth and the hot sauce and set to on high for an additional 30 minutes. Makes 3 cups chicken.
- To prepare lettuce cups, place 1/2 cup buffalo chicken in each leaf, top with 1/4 cup shredded carrots, celery and dressing of your choice. Wrap up and enjoy!
- Variation for leftovers: serve chicken on top of cooked sweet potato for added vitamins and deliciousness.
Servings: 6 • Size: 1/2 cup chicken + veggies • Points +: 3 pts • Smart Points: 2
Calories: 147.7 • Fat: 0.1 g • Carb: 5.2 g • Fiber: 1.6 g • Protein: 24.9 g • Sugar: 1.7 g
Sodium: 879 mg
Find pictures, variations and more at www.skinnytaste.com.