By Maya Hayes, MPH, Certified Nutrition Educator | healthhandled.com
Treat yourself to this quick and easy protein shake before or after a workout, or as an alternative to that mid-afternoon cup of coffee or snack.
TIP: stash a few bananas in your freezer for added texture!
- ½ frozen banana or ½ fresh banana plus a couple ice cubes
- 1 scoop whey or pea protein powder – chocolate or vanilla depending on your preference
- 1 Tablespoon organic peanut or almond butter OR 2 Tablespoons of PB2 to cut back on calories
- 1 Cup plain almond milk
- Ice (optional)
- Handful of spinach or kale (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy, adding ice cubes one at a time until you have your desired consistency.
Maya Hayes is a Consultant for Employee Well-Being at Providence St. Joseph Health, holds a Masters in Public Health degree and is a Certified Nutrition Educator. Find more nutritional tips and recipes from Maya at www.healthhandled.com.